Notes from October community meeting:
- Rat food source normally 50-60 feet from nesting.
- Food sources – improperly stored garbage
- Feeders – place 4 feet off ground and 8 feet out and away from branches, use squirrel proof feeder.
- Ivy and overgrowth are favorite nesting places.
- If a rat is found in your toilet bowl call King County Public Health at 206-205-4394 and they will put traps in the sewer system surrounding the area. This is the only instance where the County will provide hands-on assistance.
- Information related to rats is available at www.kingcounty.gov/health/rats
- Information related to pigeons, crows, and other nuisance is available at wdfw.wa.gov/living/nuisance.